Sunday, January 25, 2009
Surgery
Well. the big day came and went. On Friday January 23, 2009, I had ankle surgery. I had to get a full reconstruction. Here is what they did, they fixed my ligaments by either graphting them or something else, but I don't remember what. Then they went in and took a wedge of the bone in my heel out. They scooted my heel back into place because it was not in line with the rest of my foot. They then lowered the arch of my foot because of the Newell high arches. Now I am in a hard cast that goes up the back of my leg and there is a soft wrap and other stuff. I can not put any weight on my foot at all. I have a knee scooter that I put my right leg on, bent and wheel myself around. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law are here helping me for awhile. I don't get around very well but I manage. I can't drive myself anywhere because it was my right leg.I have pictures but have not been able to get the cord to get hooked up to my camera. I will have them as soon as I can get the usb cord hooked up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow sounds like quite the ordeal! Sorry you had to go through that. But, I'm glad that it went well. Hope you heal and get well soon!
I hope that your recovery goes well, doesn't sound like any fin at all! Where do you guys live? We just go to the Ogden temple as well so I am curious! Also, I need you to email me so that I can send you an invite to our blog, which I just made private erin320(at)juno(dot)com
Post a Comment