Sunday, November 30, 2008
Thanksgiving
I am a horrible mother and did not take any pictures of my family over Thanksgiving, but my dad took a few so I will get some from him. I will have him
e-mail them to me. We had so much fun. We were in SLC and had dinner at my parent's house. Wednesday, we all went to Preston's house, my brother, and played games. We played a game where you write down like 4 or 5 names. Anybody you know, preferably famous, but anyone, then you split up into 2 teams and try to guess what the person is describing. It is fun. We were all laughing so hard. Then we played on his WII. We ate meatballs, deviled eggs, chips and dip, and all kids of other food. My whole family was there. All my sisters and families and both parents. Then on Thanksgiving day we all congregated at my parents house for dinner. It was so nice to be with ALL my family. Unfortunately, Randy had to work Friday morning so we had to go home. Black Friday, I got up at 4 AM and went to Wal-Mart. That is the ONLY store here in town. I picked up a few things but nothing major, nothing I should have woke up for. I have been busy trying to finish all my final assignments and my final 8 page essay for the semester. I have also been busy trying to prepare myself for the most wonderful Christmas gift I could ever receive. I have finally got my reccomend to go to the temple to get my endowments out. I will be going January 3, 2009. I am so excited. I am getting surgery on January 23rd for my ankle. A full re-construction of my ankle. I wanted to go to the temple before I get my surgery because it will lay me down for around 3 months. I am so happy. Oh yeah, I found out that I have a herniated disk in back. That is why I have been in so much pain for so long. I have to get steroid shots in my back, 3 of them.
I am so thankful for my wonderful family. I have an awesome husband who supports me and loves me through all my trials. I am thankful that he can go to work and support us. I am thankful for my two beautiful daughters. They keep me on my toes and always watch out for me. I am grateful each day I wake up and can walk or carry my girls. I am grateful I have eyes to see the beautiful sky and trees. I am grateful we have food on the table and a roof over our heads. I, like Dani, am also grateful for a washing machine and dryer. Also, for a dishwasher, if it starts working agin. I am grateful for Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and all that they did for me. I am grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ. I am thankful for the scriptures and the gospel and the joy they bring to my life. I am also very thankful for the power of tithing. I have so much to be thankful for on this beautiful day. So much more than I could ever mention. I love you all.
Hopefully I will be able to add pictures in the next couple of days. Keep checking. Thanks Maybe we can get a group of us together and plan a temple trip next year some time. Love ya all
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Congrats Lindsay! That is wonderful news. I am sure that your mom is so proud of you!
Congrats that is so awesome. Great job.
Congratulations Lindsay! That's so fantastic! I'm so sorry about the surgery but at least they know what it is right? That's got to be a relief.
I am so excited to go! Everything is done except my g's and temple dress which I don't have to get right now (my temple dress that is). Thanks everyone!
Congrats Linds! I'm so proud of you! What a neat and exciting thing. I hope surgery goes well too. That is quite an ordeal. At least it is after the holidays and after the temple. Yeah!!!
Post a Comment