Friday, September 12, 2008

Work injury!

I know I haven't been on in awhile but I have been so busy with scool and work and kids. Any way about 2 weeks ago I hurt my back at work. I was lifting a patient from bed into her wheelchair. She lifted up her arms out of the lift we have to use and she slipped through. Another girl and I grabbed her so she didn't hit hard and some how I tweeked my back. I went to the E.R. and they took me off work for a week. I went into the orthopedic surgeon here in town and now I am off for 4 weeks more than likely. He put me on light duty with no lifting more than 10 pounds. I don't think work is very happy. By the way I don't know if I have said it before but I work at the nursing home here in town. It is within a mild 10 or 15 walk form my house. Well I have to go to physical therapy now. I will check back with everyone later. BYE!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leave it up to you to get yourself hurt. I always remember you being acident prone! I am just teasing- it sounds like no fun at all. I have back problems from a car accident- so I have an idea of what you are going through! So sorry to hear about it. I hope that things are going to get better soon!

Isaac and Dallas said...

I am so sorry you hurt your back. That is no fun. I hope work will be kind to you. Well hope your back feels better real soon. Good luck with it all.

Johnny and Kaley said...

Lindsay I'm sorry to hear about your back. Take care of yourself and remember to not push yourself too hard. Keep us updated!